Mi Xao Toi Vietnamese Garlic Noodles
Garlic Noodles were invented at Thanh Long, sister restaurant of the wildly well-known ‘Crustaceans’ in the Outer Sunset neighborhood of San Francisco back in 1971. They have been featured the way to (almost) each Vietnamese-American restaurant. Although Garlic Noodles aren’t popular, this dish is associated with Banh Mi, summer rolls and Pho.
Other noodles: Mì Khô Xá Xíu – Dry Noodles With Char Siu Pork
Disclaimer: Garlic noodles are not meant to be oily. Is there anything more delicious than a bowl of noodles full of garlicky and buttery deliciousness? It’s not as difficult as it seems making garlic noodles buttery is quite difficult. However, don’t fret because with this dish, I’ll provide you with a foolproof method to master this dish (almost) each time.
OTHER NOODLES RECIPE
- Bún Nem Nướng – Grilled Pork Meatballs & Rice Noodles
- Bun Thit Nuong (BBQ Pork and Rice Noodles)
- A Vietnamese Beef Salad you should try (with rice noodles)
Vietnamese Garlic Noodles (Mì Xào Tỏi)
- 20 oz. , Sun Noodle, Kaedama (or substitute dried spaghetti noodles)
- 5 cloves, Minced Garlic
- 3 tbsp, Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp, Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp, Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp, Organic Sugar [1/2 tsp Monk Fruit Sugar]
- ½ tsp, Black Pepper, coarse ground
- ¼ cup, Chives or Scallion, sliced
- Prepare a medium-sized pot water to a rolling boil
- The pot should be brought to rolling boil
- Pour noodles in the boiling water in the
- Cook noodles until al dente (approximately 4 minutes)
- Save 1/2 cup of poaching noodle liquid
- Rinse noodles using a food colander
Stir Fry Noodles
- Heat a 10-" fry pan (or cast iron dutch oven) at medium-high heat for 5 mins.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of poaching liquid for noodles as well as 5 cloves minced garlic
- When the water has decreased to 50%, add 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Stir vigorously.
- When the butter has fully melt, add 1 tsp of Organic Sugar, 1 tbsp of Fish Sauce and 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- Stir vigorously.
- The butter sauce will appear creamy and thick.
- Add the noodles that have been blanched.
- Mix and fold noodles in butter sauce for three minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Season black pepper coarsely.
- In a large plate (or bowl) make use of kitchen tongs to lightly lay the noodles on top.
- Serve the noodles with Chives (or scallions)
- Make use of Zucchini noodles for a low carb versions
- Substitute substitute Fish Sauce substitute Fish Sauce Tamari (equal parts) and Oyster sauce instead of Hoisin sauce, making the dish vegan.
- Samba and Sriracha make great condiments for this dish.
I added shiitake, fat snail and spinach to make this dish more interesting to me